More pages in this section
Why volunteer for the AFCM?
The ongoing success of the AFCM is made possible through the generous support of its Festival volunteers.
By volunteering for the AFCM, you will receive the experience of being involved with Australia's leading chamber music Festival as well as obtain a number of rewards, including:
- Complimentary tickets to Festival concerts and events
- A volunteer uniform
- A Volunteer Thank You Drinks celebration
- Acknowledgement in the AFCM Official Program
Duties & Responsibilities
This year, there are a number of volunteer roles available, including:
- Rehearsal Venue Assistant - Liaise with artists, drivers and Artistic Administrator, ensure artists are directed to correct rehearsal rooms, daily check in/ check out for artists, pass on artist requests to drivers/Artistic Administrator, order artist lunches, some money handling for artist lunches.
- Production Assistant - assist Production manager
- Drivers - Ensure artists are collected and delivered in a timely manner to and from rehearsal and performance venues.
- Festival Booth Attendants - Set-up and dismantle booths, sell programs (handling money), answer questions about the Festival and Townsville region to patrons, help put up signage.
- Front of House - Ushering, ticket handling and greeting patrons.
- Office Assistant – Answering the phone, printing signage, photocopying music. Sound level of computer literacy necessary.
- General Hospitality Assistants - meet and greet patrons, assist with setup, service and distribution of platters at special events, concert conversations, gold pass and supporter functions.
Volunteers will be able to choose the area/s in which they are most interested in.
Applications will open January 2022.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Jacqui on 0747 714 144 or firstname.lastname@example.org