We Love Our Volunteers
The ongoing success of the AFCM is made possible through the generous support of its Festival volunteers.
Some of our Festival Volunteer team have been with us for over a decade – and keep coming back to share their generosity, enthusiasm and experience with us, year after year. They (and we) have made life-long friendships and we don’t know where the Festival would be today without them!
Join this fantastic team of Festival Volunteers in 2022 and you will not only receive the experience of being involved with Australia's leading chamber music Festival but also enjoy a number of rewards and perks, including:
- Complimentary tickets to Festival concerts and events
- A volunteer uniform
- A Volunteer Thank You Drinks celebration
- Acknowledgement in the AFCM Official Program
- Volunteer networking opportunities throughout the year
Duties & Responsibilities
Each year, there are a number of volunteer roles available, including:
- Rehearsal Venue Assistant - Liaise with artists, drivers and Artistic Administrator, ensure artists are directed to correct rehearsal rooms, daily check in/ check out for artists, pass on artist requests to drivers/Artistic Administrator, order artist lunches, some money handling for artist lunches.
- Production Assistant - assist Production manager
- Drivers - Ensure artists are collected and delivered in a timely manner to and from rehearsal and performance venues.
- Festival Booth Attendants - Set-up and dismantle booths, sell programs (handling money), answer questions about the Festival and Townsville region to patrons, help put up signage.
- Front of House - Ushering, ticket handling and greeting patrons.
- Office Assistant – Answering the phone, printing signage, photocopying music. Sound level of computer literacy necessary.
- General Hospitality Assistants - meet and greet patrons, assist with setup, service and distribution of platters at special events, concert conversations, gold pass and supporter functions.
- Festival Pre Production – Bag & envelope stuffing, archiving, mailouts, office assistance
Volunteers will be able to choose the area/s in which they are most interested in.
For more information, please contact Jacqui Bekker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the AFCM Office on 07 4771 4144.If you have volunteered with us before, we will be in contact throughout March to reconfirm your participation.