We Love Our Volunteers
The ongoing success of the AFCM is made possible through the generous support of its Festival volunteers.
Some of our Festival Volunteer team have been with us for over a decade – and keep coming back to share their generosity, enthusiasm and experience with us, year after year. They (and we) have made life-long friendships and we don’t know where the Festival would be today without them!
Join this fantastic team of Festival Volunteers in 2024 and you will not only receive the experience of being involved with Australia's leading chamber music Festival but also enjoy a number of rewards and perks, including:
- Complimentary tickets to Festival concerts and events
- A volunteer shirt
- A Volunteer Thank You Drinks celebration
- Acknowledgement in the AFCM Official Program
- Volunteer networking opportunities throughout the year
Duties & Responsibilities
Each year, there are a number of volunteer roles available, including:
- Back of House Roles - production assistants, rehearsal attendants, stage door managers and more... meet the artists and the crew, be a part of our Back of House team!
- Drivers - Transfer Festival artists around Townsville-Gurambilbarra and between Festival Venues - join the Festival Fleet in 2024! (vehicles provided)
- Front of House - ushering roles, events assistants, information booth staff and more - meet and greet our patrons, become a face of AFCM in 2024!
- Festival Administration - keep the Festival team supported at AFCM HQ where you'll assist with general office duties and be an integral part of this busy Festival hub!
- Festival Pre Production - come on board earlier in the year and work with us on scores and parts, preparing for the Festival and creating signage and information for Patrons. We love to have you on our team!
For more information, please contact Alexis Vaughan: Volunteer@afcm.com.au or call the AFCM Office on 07 4771 4144.