Festival Booking Information
The Australian Festival of Chamber Music will work tirelessly to deliver a Covid-safe event. We continue to work closely with Queensland Health and follow all Queensland and Federal Government guidelines and advice.
How To Book
- Purchase online at afcm.com.au
- Visit TicketShop online here
- Call the TicketShop on 1800 44 99 77 or for Holiday Packages call 1300 799 342
- Download a MANUAL BOOKING FORM, complete and return via mail to TicketShop, PO Box 1268, Townsville QLD 4810
You won’t need to book in advance for the many free events you will find throughout the AFCM Festival Program. Simply turn up on the date and time of your preferred free event/s, and we will check you in at the door.
Transaction fees apply. All sales are final. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged after purchase. AFCM reserves the right to make changes without notice. All reasonable endeavours have been made to ensure that the information included in this program is correct at the time of printing. However, the organisers accept no responsibility for any inaccuracies that may appear or any changes to the program that may occur. Organisers reserve the right to make changes to the program where necessary at their discretion. Please visit afcm.com.au for updated event information.
AFCM Friends Priority Booking Period
AFCM Friends may book during the exclusive priority booking period which commences at 10:00 am AEDT on 1st February 2024 and concludes at 5:00 pm 23 February 2024. Only current friends can purchase during this time.
Gold & Gold Plus Subscriptions
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EXISTING AND NEW GOLD & GOLD PLUS SUBSCRIBERS IN 2024
2024 Gold & Gold Plus Subscribers will be offered the opportunity to renew their subscription and retain their preferred seating from 1 through 23 February 2024.
Silver & Silver Plus Subscriptions
Ticket Sales for the general public will be open from 10:00am AEDT on 1st March 2024.
Under 30 For $30
If you are under 30 you can purchase tickets for yourself for just $30 to any concert at the Civic Theatre or the Concert Conversations series at The Ville.
- New Ticket Scanners have been implemented at the Townsville Civic Theatre. These will act as registration for each patron when they enter the auditorium.
- All Gold Pass and Gold Plus Subscribers will retain a lanyard, however tickets will need to be presented.
- eTickets are also available for display on mobile phones and print at home tickets have also been introduced.
- All bookings require contact information from patrons before confirmation.
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell, have any cold or flu like symptoms or have taken a COVID-19 test and are awaiting results.. Please contact us and arrange a refund or make alternative arrangements.
- Please bring your own mask if required, practice good hand hygiene and social distancing.
- We ask for your understanding that AFCM and the Venues are legally obliged to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff.
- We look forward to welcoming you to the Festival and greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.
AFCM offers concession ticket prices to aged or disability pension card holders (seniors card is not accepted). To claim the concession ticket price please quote your aged or disability pension card number on the 2024 Booking Form or when booking online or by phone.
AFCM is a participant in the Companion Card Program for people who require their carer to be present when attending a performance. A carer is entitled to a free ticket when accompanying a paying patron, where AFCM can accommodate them.
Health & Safety
During the Festival, the safety of our patrons, artists and staff is our utmost priority.
We are so excited to welcome you back to a COVID Safe Festival in 2024! Please be assured that we continually monitor the advice from the Australian Government Department of Health and Queensland Health Department and any updates are acted on promptly. All safety procedures implemented throughout this Festival are in line with the latest Queensland Government health guidelines.
To find out what current restrictions in Queensland are, visit the Public Health Directions page. Patrons are reminded that they should not attend concerts and events if they develop COVID-like symptoms.
Townsville Civic Theatre currently permits 100% venue seating capacity. We will notify patrons if there is any change to this and other venue regulations.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions by calling 07 47 71 41 44 or emailing email@example.com
When entering the Pavilion for Concert Conversations, ushers will take your tickets and direct you to your seats.
Please practice social distancing whilst waiting to enter the Pavilion.
Coffee and tea will be available, and staff will serve a bakery item to each individual before the performance.
St James’ Cathedral
When entering, ushers will take your tickets and direct you to your seats.
Please practice social distancing whilst waiting to enter.