Townsville offers a variety of experiences - whether you’re after adventure, nature, action or leisure, there’s something to whet your appetite and showcase the natural beauty of the region.
Here's our pick of top attractions:
- The Strand – Townsville’s 2km beach esplanade is fondly called The Strand and makes for a very pleasant walk. You can stroll from Strand Park at the southern end all the way to the Rockpool and around the new Jezzine Barracks precinct with its coastal boardwalks and sculptures. Stop along the way at C-Bar for a coffee or Juliette’s for gelati.
- Castle Hill – join the thousands of fitness goers who walk up Castle Hill every day (or you can drive up) and be rewarded with 360 degree views of Townsville. It offers spectacular sunset and sunrise photo opportunities.
- Perc Tucker Gallery – visit Townsville’s centrally located premier art gallery and view the dynamic range of local, national and international exhibitions.
- Magnetic Island – you can’t visit Townsville without taking time out to visit Magnetic Island with its 23 bays and beaches and stunning bushwalking tracks. There’s also a wonderful Koala Sanctuary. Find out more here.
- Reef HQ – with the Great Barrier Reef on our doorstep it’s no wonder we have the world’s largest living coral reef aquarium in Townsville, along with the Australian Government’s national education centre for the reef. Spend an hour or two viewing the amazing sea creatures and the turtle hospital, whilst learning a little more about this amazing natural wonder.
Visit the Townsville Queensland website for more information.