More pages in this section
AFCM Winterschool Program
The AFCM Winterschool program is a truly amazing opportunity for young musical students around the world to gain invaluable coaching and development from some of Australia's finest chamber musicians. Our goal is to inspire, influence and educate musical students at both tertiary and high school level.
The Festival offers two coaching programs available, based on student age:
Advanced Masterclass Program - 2022
Applications will open in 2022.
Program previously has included:
- 10-day coaching and development program
- Private and public masterclasses with leading musicians
- Performances in front of Festival and local audiences including participation in the ‘Advanced Concert’
- Networking opportunities with Festival Artists
- Private ensemble coaching from the Winterschool Director
- Entry to selected Festival concerts held at the Townsville Civic Theatre
- Complimentary AFCM Program and Welcome Pack
In 2021 the AFCM delivered workshops to music students at three Townsville high schools including Pimlico High School, Townsville Grammar and St Patrick's College. Lloyd van't Hoff and the Lyrebird duo visited these schools in July this year and delivered workshops, coaching and informative talks. We envisage running a similar program to local schools in 2022.