Why volunteer for the AFCM?
The ongoing success of the AFCM is made possible through the generous support of its Festival volunteers.
By volunteering for the AFCM, you will receive the experience of being involved with Australia's leading chamber music Festival as well as obtain a number of rewards, including:
- Complimentary tickets to Festival concerts and events
- A volunteer uniform
- A Volunteer Thank You Drinks celebration
- A Certificate of Appreciation
- Acknowledgement in the AFCM Official Program
Duties & Responsibilities
This year, there are a number of volunteer roles available, including:
- Rehearsal Venue Host - Liaise with artists, drivers and Artistic Administrator, ensure artists are directed to correct concert rooms, prepare the daily check in/ check out white board for volunteers and artists, pass on artists' requests to drivers/Artistic Administrator.
- Drivers - Ensure artists are collected and delivered in a safe and timely manner to and from rehearsal and performance venues.
- Festival Booth Attendants - Set-up and dismantle information booths, sell programs, answer questions about the Festival and Townsville region to patrons.
- Front of House - Ushering, ticket handling and greeting patrons.
Volunteers will be able to choose the area/s in which they are most interested in.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering in 2017.