Friday 31st July - Saturday 8th August 2015
The Advanced Winterschool available in Townsville during the Australian Festival of Chamber Music seems to have been a best kept secret during recent years! Students who have attended have had extraordinary access to top national and international artists for lessons, masterclasses, mentoring and concerts. They have also performed for AFCM audiences themselves, become involved in helping backstage or turning pages and have socialised with artists preeminent in their fields.
All advanced students are invited to apply - soloists, duos, trios or quartets. A warm welcome in sunny seaside Townsville is assured, as are first-rate concert experiences and coaching at a highly sensitive and expert level. This could just be a life-changing experience for you. You’ll have an affordable, educational and thrilling time.
Fee AUD $200 per student. The AFCM Advanced Winterschool Fee includes:
- 8 days of professional development and tuition in a series of private and public masterclasses conducted by leading international and national music professionals
- Several opportunities to perform in front of Festival audiences including participation in the ‘Advanced Concert’
- An open class with Winterschool Director, Michele Walsh
- Networking opportunities with renowned music professionals including invitations to select functions with the Festival Artists
- Opportunities to mentor Young String Ensemble Workshop members
- Complimentary tickets to core Festival concerts at the Townsville Civic Theatre (Valued at over $260. Subject to availability)
- Complimentary AFCM Program and AFCM bag
Financial Support - There are a limited number of bursaries available to support successful applicants with their travel and accommodation costs. These will be assessed by the Winterschool Director and will take into account level of excellence, distance required to travel, size of group and the overall balance of groups attending.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Definitely something I would like to attend again" – 2012 Winterschool participant.
ADVANCED PUBLIC MASTERCLASSES
1:00pm, Monday 3rd August, Thursday 6th August & Friday 7th August
Perc Tucker Regional Gallery
Observe acclaimed national and international Festival Artists coaching emerging professionals in hour-long public masterclasses. Artists conducting each masterclass will be announced in July. FREE EVENTS.
1:00pm, Saturday 8th August
C2, Townsville Civic Theatre
Experience Australia’s finest emerging talent perform in concert. FREE EVENT.
AFCM WINTERSCHOOL - COMMUNITY CONCERT
10:00am, Tuesday 4th August
Carlton Theatre, Carlyle Gardens
Emerging musicians participating in the 2015 AFCM Winterschool - Advanced Masterclass Program perform for the local community. FREE EVENT.
AFCM WINTERSCHOOL - CONCERT CONVERSATIONS WITH PIERS LANE
1:00pm, Wednesday 5th August
C2, Townsville Civic Theatre
$25 per person. See Special Events page for more details.